3 yr. old Preschool Opened Fall of 2016!!
Saint Bridget School now offers a 3 year old Preschool Program. This new program nurtures curiosity and motivation to learn within a language and numeracy-rich environment, promoting the development of cognitive skills, encouraging social interaction, and emotional regulation. Additionally, that this preschool exists within the larger school context opens up the opportunity to engage in additional curriculum and enrichment programs such as visiting the library, music, art and gym classes – all age-appropriate in delivery and environment.
Goals of the Preschool Program
- Nurture a positive self-image for each student
- Create an atmosphere where students feel loved and safe
- Provide opportunities for creative expression through art, music, and play
- Develop social skills including taking turns, sharing, and helping others
- Enhance fine and gross motor skills through age-appropriate activities and indoor/outdoor play
- Help students to appreciate and explore the wonders and gifts of God’s creation
- Develop self-help skills and independence including dressing self, washing hands, and helping to clean up
- Introduce students to pre-reading and pre-writing skills through phonemic awareness activities, stories, rhymes and songs, drawing, coloring, and literature-based activities
- Introduce students to basic math skills including shapes, patterns, sorting,numbers, and counting
- Help children explore science and social studies topics where they will make connections to the world around them
- To prepare students to enter the SBS PreK program
For more information contact Mrs.Jennifer Ryan, Admissions at email@example.com