- What is Saint Bridget School’s school year?
- What are Saint Bridget School’s hours?
- Drop Off and Dismissal
- What happens if I am late for drop off?
- How does pick up work?
- How does the busing of Saint Bridget Students work?
- Can my child go home on a friend’s bus?
- Do Pre-K and K students wear a uniform on Visiting Day?
- What happens on gym days?
- Do sneakers need to be completely white?
- Is there a place to purchase used uniforms?
- Am I supposed to send a snack or drink with my child every day?
- Does Saint Bridget School offer Hot Lunch?
- Do the students attend Mass every week?
- What happens on Visiting Day?
- What are the weekly memos?
What is Saint Bridget School’s school year?
Saint Bridget School follows the Framingham Public Schools calendar with a few exceptions.
What are Saint Bridget School’s hours?
• 7:30 a.m. Students may begin to arrive at school. If students arrive at 7:30 they need to be in the cafeteria until 7:40 when they can go to the classrooms.
• 8:00 a.m. Classes begin
• 2:15 p.m. School Dismissal
• Half-Day School Dismissal Time is 11:00 a.m.
• Extended Day Program Afternoon begins at 2:15 p.m. and concludes at 6:00 p.m.
• Pre-K (Four-year-old) students must be dropped off and picked up at school each day unless they live in Framingham and have a sibling in the 1st grade or above. If that is the case, they may ride the bus to and from school with their sibling.
• Kindergarten – 8th grade students who live in Framingham may ride the bus as long as they meet the Bus requirements set out by the Town of Framingham (see below).
-All non-Framingham students must be dropped off and picked up each day.
If you are dropping your child off after 8:00am, you must escort your child to the main door (door A) of the school building and go up to the front desk for a tardy slip.
Pre-K and Kindergarten students are released directly to parents at 2:05. Parents must exit their cars and meet the Pre-K and Kindergarten students at the School building. All riders in grades 1st-8th must be picked up at 2:15pm. Parents/Guardians must exit their cars and pick their children up in front of the church.
• Only students from Framingham are able to take the Framingham Public School buses (those outside the designated two mile radius are considered eligible and will automatically be assigned a bus, those inside the radius may apply and will be subject to pay a fee pending approval). All interested in a bus must submit an application to the Front Desk which will them be forwarded to the Framingham Public Schools Transportation Department. Pre-K students may only ride the bus with an older sibling (1st grade or above).
• The bus schedules are provided to SBS by the Framingham Public School Transportation office and will be given to our parents before the first day of school via email. The school does not decide the bus stops; those are all determined by the FPS Transportation Office.
No. The FPS Transportation office does not allow a student to ride a bus other than their own.
Saint Bridget School students wear uniforms from Land’s End.
No uniforms are required until the first day of school.
On gym days, students wear their gym uniform to school and wear it all day. During the first week of school, students will find out what day they have gym.
Sneakers should have non-scuff soles and no lights or sounds.
We have a used uniform program. These items can be purchased at the front desk for $3 each or 4 items for $10. All monies go the Help-A-Student (HAS) Fund. Please check in at the front desk before going to the closet.
For more information about Saint Bridget School uniform and to purchase uniforms go to Lands End.
Snack / Lunch
All students have a snack time in the morning and are encouraged to bring a snack. Teachers also encourage students to bring their own water bottle that they may fill throughout the day.
Lunch is offered every day at Saint Bridget School. Saint Bridget School is now partnering with Daniel’sTable and Foodie Cafe to provide lunch to students. You can pay by check or put money in your student’s lunch account via the My School Account Website by credit or debit card. Lunch is ordered monthly.
For more information on lunch, please contact the Front Desk.
• All grades, Pre-K-8th, go to Mass once a week as a class and go to Mass once a month as a school.
• Parents and family members are encouraged to attend this daily Mass.
• Visiting day occurs on the day before the first day of school.
• The students come to school with their parents to meet their new teacher, drop off their school supplies and collect PTO/Parent information.
• No uniforms are required on this day.
• The weekly memo is distributed electronically by email every Sunday Evening.
• This memo contains important information about the calendar, upcoming events, PTO programs and important news and events.
• The memo may also be found on the school website.